What We Do
Classes, movement research, professional development, events, merchandise, school units, construction and design projects – we do it all. Click a tile to explore.
Formed in 2011, we are the national governing body for parkour in New Zealand. We are a registered charity (CC49781) and lead the NZ parkour community in the healthy development of our discipline and sharing its life changing traits with the rest of the nation. We are governed by a board of noteworthy individuals from around the country, voted in by the members of NZ Parkour.
We provide services to the practicing, public and private sectors to further the following aims:
- Promote positive self-development, health and education through parkour in New Zealand.
- Provide opportunities and support for parkour instructors, practitioners and the public to further the above aims.
What is Parkour?
Parkour is a primarily non-competitive discipline and philosophy where practitioners adapt their movement to overcome physical obstacles in their environment.
- Être et durer – to be and to last (to live and train in a sustainable manner),
- Être fort pour être utile – be strong to be useful (use the skills gained through training to benefit others) and
- Obstacles can be overcome (the inherent philosophy that must be believed in order to practice parkour).
Watch the video to see some of the movements and environments used in parkour training.
For more information about the history and intricacies of parkour, read on.
On the surface, parkour is the most fun we’ve ever had. Dig deeper, and parkour training teaches us how to move and think efficiently, effectively and creatively in any environment. It builds discipline, resilience and the capacity to overcome the challenges we face in everyday life, helping us to master our movement and our lives. By challenging ourselves to overcome obstacles we grow and develop in many ways – read Self Development through Parkour and see how parkour can change your life.